Civic group to celebrate 70th anniversary of S. Korea
时间:2023-10-02 15:48:09 出处:교육阅读（143）
The America-Korea United Society (AKUS), a New Jersey-based civic group, said Thursday it will hold an event in the United States to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the South Korea-US alliance.
AKUS said the ceremony will be held at the Fort Lee Community Center in New Jersey at 5 p.m. on Oct. 1 (US time) under the theme of "We Go Together."
South Korea and the US signed the Mutual Defense Treaty, a bedrock alliance document, in Washington, D.C., on Oct. 1, 1953, three months after the 1950-53 Korean War ended in a truce, not a peace treaty.
"Participants will look back on the history of the seven decades-long alliance and discuss joint efforts to achieve liberal democracy and market economy," an AKUS official said.
Bernard Champoux, formerly a three-star commander of the US Eighth Army in South Korea, will deliver a keynote speech on the alliance between Seoul and Washington, AKUS said.
AKUS is a nonprofit independent organization dedicated to promoting democracy in Korea and the US. (Yonhap)
- Traffic jam expected to ease late Thursday, 1st day of Chuseok holiday
- British MP hopes for enhanced UK
- “김정은 두만강역 통해 귀국…조로관계 발전 새로운 장”
- Yoon plans state visits to UK, Netherlands later this year
- Tving streams 2023 MTV VMAs
- Young swimmer enjoys self
- 尹 “국민, 안보 믿음 가졌을 것”…4000명 장병 동원 행진 주관
- Immersive, digital art shows to enjoy during extended holiday
- Chuseok food cost hits all