Inflation driving up costs to eat out
时间:2023-10-02 17:08:20 出处:음악阅读（143）
The inflation rate for food prices at dining establishments and prices of processed foods has been increasing at a faster pace than the overall inflation rate for consumer goods, a state-led agency’s data showed Saturday.
According to Statistics Korea, the inflation rate for food prices at dining establishments in August came to 5.3 percent, while the inflation of consumer prices reached 3.4 percent.
Government data also showed that food prices at restaurants have been increasing for 27 straight months.
By menu, the inflation rate of pizza saw the highest increase by 10.8 percent on-year, followed by tteokbokki, up 7.4 percent on-year.
The inflation rate of other food options such as popular on-the-go choice gimbap posted 7.4 percent increases.
Prices of processed foods have also been increasing for 21 straight months.
The inflation rate for processed foods in August came to 6.3 percent.
The inflation rate of a salad dressing saw the highest increase by 31.3 percent on-year, followed by gochujang, or red pepper paste, by 21.9 percent and cheese by 21. 2 percent.
- Tving streams 2023 MTV VMAs
- 4th Global Biz Forum kicks off to discuss 'next prosperity'
- Breadwinners in their 60s or above double in 9 years
- 러 무기 만져보고 타보고...김정은 '북·러 합작' 도발 메뉴 내놓나
- Traffic jammed on highways ahead of extended Chuseok holiday
- Govt. to survey spending on private education of preschoolers, Suneung retakers
- 여당, 총선변수에 고심…“쇄신한 민주당과 대결 준비해야”
- KB chief hopes successor transforms group into 'Samsung of finance'
- [Korea Beyond Korea] ‘More cross