Exhibition 'Hanbok, Revisited' offers modern tastes on traditional Korean clothing
时间:2023-10-02 16:24:22 出处:게임阅读（143）
Kim, 66, has endeavored to modernize hanbok and make it a fashionable choice for everyday wear. Her approach was to focus on the original essence and style of hanbok while seeking to give it a more modern feel.
Kim was inspired by the hanbok designs of the 1910s to the 1950s, a period when Western culture was introduced to Korea. Kim believes the hanbok forms from this period have comfortable designs that still resonate with contemporary fashion trends today.
Kim's exploration of hanbok extends to the way they are worn. Throughout the nine exhibits comprising a total of 30 pieces, primarily designed for women, Kim has reimagined underwear as outerwear, transformed men's pants into women's skirts and made variations on the necklines.
- Traffic jam expected to ease late Thursday, 1st day of Chuseok holiday
- 민주당 새 원내대표에 친명 홍익표 “이재명과 총선 승리”
- S. Korea picks up 1st gold in roller skating
- [Korea Beyond Korea] ‘More cross
- Civic group to celebrate 70th anniversary of S. Korea
- Explore the culture of Joseon during Chuseok
- Music festivals and concerts for the fall season
- N. Korea stipulates nuclear force
- S. Korean refiners set for turnaround in Q3 on stronger margins